soldier's life-Essay

  

life of Indian army soldier-Essay

The call of duty of my father who got posted to the border came at the time when I was learning the alphabets of English. Although I wasn't aware of the situation at the time and the work he was going for still my heart didn't want him to leave us. My mood turned gloomy right when he left to the border in the bus along with his troop but I felt safe and comfortable to be with my mother.

Soon the news of the matter was shown on the TV and I got to know about the actual situation, I hoped the matter to be eased off quickly and peacefully. I hoped for the return of my father. My friends at the school were of great support when I missed him. 

It turned out, my prayers for peace weren't of much use as the situation worsened and went on for a month. My mother who acted normal in front of me was anxious and stressed about his safety and patiently waited for his call every day but the Telephone never rang.

 All the people in our life, but my mother never had anyone except me to support her and I had no one except my mother. The dreadful wait of a month brought in good news of the cease-fire agreement of both countries. 

But still, there was no news of my father and his men. Days passed with hope until the time came when people started to lose hope bit by bit. On a murky evening when we were on the brink of losing it all, my father appeared out of nowhere, at the front door. 

The dim house lit up with zeal. I ran and hugged him tightly and thought of never letting go. My mother who never cried this whole time became numb with wet eyes.

 A million feelings and words running through me but all that my voicebox could muster were - 'I missed you, dad, promise that you'll never go again. I love you'


'I love you son but I can't promis-' was all I could hear.

 


-SIMBAD

 IF YOU LIKE IT, 
Please COMMENT AND SHARE 

My salute to the INDIAN ARMED FORCES

JAI HIND.

Comments

  1. Time was tough, Situation was tough, victory was tough but one thing was common there in the eyes of all brave soldier i.e sheer determination and will power to win.
    Kudos to their family members who were the constant support and motivation to them through out that operations.
    Lucky were those who get the chance to act against enemy and to prove thier blood identity in the name of nation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes . soldier's determination and love towards the nation makes them unstoppable.

      Delete
  2. Very well written man . Being a Army brat and staying away from dad that feeling is something we all feel but hide it at the same time . This blog is soo wholesome and each every sentance can be felt ... Please write more of it .
    Loving it 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Written beautifully,
    Truly inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a proud privilege to be a daughter of soldier – a good soldier with discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and a self confidence born of demonstrated ability. Eloquent . keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts